Clinical teaching is a 14 week, unpaid, full-time assignment where you work alongside a certified teacher and gradually assume responsibilities of the day-to-day operations of the classroom and instruction.
Shadowing a fully qualified professional provides invaluable insight into the best practices, applications and lesson plans required of a teacher.
How long is clinical teaching in Texas?
Clinical teachers get their certification after one semester of their placement in a school district. This equates to 14 weeks in the classroom.
How to qualify for clinical teaching
To qualify for a Clinical Teaching placement, you will need to pass your content exam, complete 30 hours of Field-Based Observations, complete Teachworthy Pre-Service Web-Based training, and have registered to attend Capturing Kids Hearts training.
Why choose Clinical Teaching? 8 benefits…
The clinical teaching experience is an increasingly popular option for aspiring educators. As the quickest route into teaching, it is the number one fast-track to entering the classroom in your dream career.
Here are 8 reasons why you should consider the clinical teaching path…
- You can become certified after spending 14 weeks in a classroom with a certified educator.
- On your clinical teaching application, you get to indicate three districts where you may want to fulfill the 14 week assignment. Teachworthy then secures you a teaching assignment in one of these districts.
- Web-based training is available before entering the classroom, to ensure you’re fully prepared to teach.
- You get to attend the Capturing Kids’ Hearts 2-day live training event at no additional cost. This is an immersive, participatory learning experience that provides you with the skills and behavior processes to take classroom management to the next level.
- You will teach in the classroom of your cooperative teacher, creating a relaxing and collaborative atmosphere.
- Personalized coaching and expert mentoring is provided by your Teachworthy field supervisor throughout. This gives you the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during each stage of your rapid development.
- Practical, field-based experience is the best way to prepare for your career in education. Clinical teaching gives you invaluable insights into specific situations, challenges and lessons involved with life in the classroom.
- You receive the endless support of our family of educators. Participation and guidance are two key factors at Teachworthy. We know how important it is to learn from – and be motivated by – like-minded people, and your development journey is never-ending when working in education.
*Additional information will be provided to you when you select “Clinical Teaching Option” on your application.
Clinical teaching: the process
Clinical teaching is the quickest route to becoming a teacher. A rapid route requires a rapid application process, and that’s exactly what we provide at Teachworthy.
To express interest in making the most of the clinical teaching experience, all you need to do is select it as an option during your application to Teachworthy.
Apply for clinical teaching
If you’re not sure what grade-level or subject you want to teach, apply for free today and your Teachworthy Program Adviser will guide you through the selection process.
Applications are due May 1st, for placements starting in August.
Applications are due November 15, for placements starting in January