Student Loan Forgiveness For Teachers in Texas 2021
Each year, the TEA releases a list of teacher shortage areas. If you are teaching within these areas, you may qualify to get partial loan forgiveness, deferment, or cancellation.
Teacher Shortage Areas in Texas
The 2021-2022 teacher shortage areas for Texas are:
- Bilingual/English as a Second Language – Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Special Education – Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Career and Technical Education – Secondary Levels
- Technology Applications and Computer Science – Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Mathematics – Secondary Levels
Loan Forgiveness Options in Texas
As a teacher in Texas, you can apply for the following, provided you have unpaid federal student loans and meet the requirements:
- Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness
- Teach for Texas Loan Repayment Assistance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Federal Perkins Loan Teacher Cancellation
- Math and Science Scholars Loan Repayment Program
There are a couple of options for non-teaching education staff and you can find all of the details on the Texas Education Agency website.
If you’re ready to apply for the most cost-effective alternative teacher certification in Texas, with a high quality program and individual support, head to our application page.